The NuYu Systems treatment delivers phenomenal results for natural teeth that have been stained by smoking or by substances like coffee, tea or red wine. The treatment also whitens teeth stained by tetracycline, fluoride, or genetic discoloration. It is likely that it may help dental restorations, such as bonds, veneers, fillings, or crowns by getting closer to the original color their dentist first gave them and help even out their smile. However, we don’t guarantee this. There has also been success with clients that have discoloration caused by steroids and chemotherapy, it is suggested that they are given a two-session package.
30 min appointment – $99
Teeth Whitening Prepaid Package
Includes 3 Teeth Whitening Treatments for $150 ($300 value)
- Who is NOT a candidate for treatment?
- Standard dental and medical protocol is that anyone in their third trimester of pregnancy should avoid any elective procedures. Additionally, anyone considering dental restorations, periodontal or endodontal procedures should complete their treatment before whitening their teeth.
- How long after my treatment should I refrain from eating or drinking?
- It is best not to eat or drink any dark colored food or beverage for 24 hours after treatment. If you must drink a dark colored beverage, use a straw to avoid soaking the teeth in the liquid.
- Will it work on caps and crowns?
- The whitening procedure will remove stains on caps and crowns, but it will not change their original color. It is not intended to lighten artificial teeth, caps, crowns, veneers, porcelain, composite (white) fillings, or other restorative materials. The color of these structures will remain the color they were when installed.
- How long will my results last?
- In most cases, a single whitening treatment can last up to a year when observing good dental hygiene. You may notice fading anywhere from three months to a year after treatment, depending on your use of staining agents. Most customers find that repeating the process two to four times per year keeps their teeth consistently white. Additional use of the whitening pen will extend and even improve the whitening results.
- Will I experience any sensitivity?
- NYS’s products have been developed in such a way that the vast majority of customers will experience mild to no sensitivity. With the mild sensitivity, you may experience a sensation of “scrubbing bubbles” on their teeth. Peroxide is an antiseptic and reacts to germs and bacteria. All cleansing and whitening products will have a few customers who will feel a sense of discomfort or tooth sensitivity. A small percentage of customers will experience “blanching”, where the peroxide in the pads affects sensitive portions of the customers gums causing them to turn white. This may result in irritation or sensitivity for a short period of time. In rare instances, a customer may wake up the next day with a blister caused by the interaction of the peroxide with their gums. This is not harmful, but rather a healthy healing process to cure gums. If a customer’s discomfort persists for more than one hour, they can rub vitamin E oil on the sensitive areas. Please note: sensitivity due to the use of peroxide products is actually highlighting an area that needed antiseptic attention and is an alert for the customer to seek periodontal treatment.
- Are the NYS products safe and will they hurt my enamel?
- Classified as a cosmetic product by the FDA, hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient in teeth whitening and has been safely used for centuries. NYS’s patented process is designed to be very safe and effective without causing any harm to healthy enamel. Some individuals have demineralized enamel (sometimes inaccurately called calcium deposits). This is a weakening in the enamel and is usually due to insufficient brushing and flossing. This condition is often seen after braces have been removed, since the braces “mask” the teeth from the dentifirice. Teeth that have demineralized areas will be whiter than the normal tooth structure causing a “spotty” type of appearance. This will normalize in a few days. Demineralized enamel is very porous, so it absorbs whitening and stains far faster than healthy enamel. Cosmetically this condition can be minimized by aggressive use of the NYS whitening pen.
- How many shades should I expect to see?
- Most customers will see an improvement of up to 14 shades brighter on the IPN Portrait Shade Guide, after one 20 minute session. As with any cosmetic treatment, the degree of improvement is greatly influenced by the customer’s age, dental health (particularly in the health of tooth enamel), thickness of enamel, general health, genetics, and personal or dietary habits. Regularity and quality of dental care, brushing and flossing habits as well as diet, smoking and use of certain prescription or recreational drugs can have significant effects on how bright an individual’s teeth will get.
- How does teeth whitening work?
- Teeth whitening is principally a cosmetic procedure that removes stains and gives your teeth the appearance of a whiter and brighter smile. Like all cosmetic procedures, you cannot change your natural DNA. The color of your teeth cannot change to a different color than what you had when your adult teeth replaced your baby teeth. You can alter the natural base color of your teeth only by having a cosmetic dentist replace your natural tooth structure with synthetic materials such as veneers, crowns or implants.
- What causes stains?
- Acidic and strongly pigmented food, drink, tobacco as well as normal aging cause the staining that makes your teeth appear discolored.NYS’s products remove stains by penetrating the tooth structure, erasing stains and rejuvenating the color of your teeth.